The Digital Strobe complements the entry-level stroboscopy systems from KayPENTAX to provide a complete family of endoscopy/stroboscopy systems appropriate for any budget and performance requirement.
- Excellent image quality for stroboscopic and endoscopic exams
- Instant retrieval and playback of recorded procedures
- True stroboscopic light source with extraordinary image clarity
- Excellent pitch extraction over wide range of voices
- Built-in patient database and exam management system
- Report generator containing images and key exam findings
- Standard video formats supported for portability of video segments
- Acoustic analysis software included
- Comprehensive five-hour video on stroboscopic assessment of voice
Superior Stroboscopy Light Source
The key component in any “true” stroboscopy system is the light source. KayPENTAX’s Stroboscope, Model 9100B uses 5-microsecond flashes to freeze the quickly vibrating vocal folds, thereby providing razor-sharp image clarity throughout the glottal cycle over a wide range of fundamental frequencies and vocal amplitudes. Shuttered-camera approaches which attempt to mimic stroboscopy are unable to match this image quality which is particularly evident when recordings are paused for image analysis or printing a still.
KayPENTAX’s light source contains all of the key features for maximum quality and versatility: excellent illumination of laryngeal structures with both xenon and halogen (constant) light sources; slow, fast, and locked modes for viewing the vocal folds in motion or in a “fixed” position within the vibratory cycle; foot switch control of important functions; LED display of amplitude and fundamental frequency; audio preamplifier; accurate pitch extraction over an extensive range; throat microphone or electroglottograph (EGG) input; fast lock-on time; and field-replaceable bulbs.
Many stroboscopy light sources vary in brightness during the glottal cycle resulting in a “blinking” image quality. This effect may be accentuated with changes in amplitude and fundamental frequency. KayPENTAX’s light source includes a special circuit that eliminates blinking video and provides uniform brightness throughout the patient’s pitch and amplitude range.