- i-SCAN Image Enhancement (Digital Electronic Virtual Chromoendoscopy)
- OE Optical Enhancement (Optical Electronic Virtual Chromoendoscopy)
- Teach and assess with the unique TwinMode
- Collect and share with the unique integrated video and audio recording
i-SCAN is a software-based image processing technology that enhances digital images for display and visualization. i-SCAN modes combine image processing algorithms for Surface Enhancement (SE), Contrast Enhancement (CE), and Tone Enhancement (TE) to provide a digitally enhanced view of mucosal surface texture, contour and blood vessels.
OE Optical Enhancement filters the light source to provide focused wavelength bands that match the high efficiency absorption characteristics of hemoglobin. The resulting effect is a high visual contrast image between blood vessels and surrounding mucosa.
Powerful Educational Platform
– TwinMode is useful in teaching the appropriate interpretation of image enhanced endoscopy, providing simultaneous comparison of side by side endoscopic images.
– Among experts, TwinMode is appreciated as an educational tool for “building the bridge” between HD+ white light images and the different digital and optical image enhancement modes and findings.
– The video recording function enables capture of HD+ video files through a USB storage device, for fast and easy sharing of findings with peers. Audio recording for video is captured through an external microphone.
– Contributes to cost savings in the endoscopy room by avoiding unnecessary external HD recording devices.
– For capturing and recording the sharpest image, the OPTIVISTA EPK-i7010 also incorporates freeze scan technology which automatically selects the sharpest picture.