Nurses affected by these complaints have successfully taken action against their employers and in situations where the level of fumes from glutaraldehyde has exceeded the legal limit, operating theatres have been closed down.
PeraSafe is a unique powder system that is cost effective and meets all the medical criteria required of an instrument sterilant/disinfectant.
These properties include:
- Extremely rapid action
- A total biocidal spectrum
- Safe and non-toxic to users
- Does not ‘fix’ proteins
- Environmentally friendly
- Sterilises in 10 minutes
- Disinfects in 5 minutes
- 100% bio-degradable, no special disposal procedures.
- PeraSafe has a proven safety profile for end-users with none of the undesirable properties of skin sensitisation, toxic fumes or unpleasant odours that are associated with aldehyde solutions.
- The product’s safety profile means that tens of thousands of pounds can be saved by not having to install special extraction and monitering equipment and not having to use protective masks and clothing.
- Leading UK and USA microbologists have proven PeraSafe to be active against viruses, mycobacteria and fungi. It is microbiologically superior to glutaraldehyde, destroying sporing bacteria in one minute.
- It has also been independently proven that PeraSafe sterilises in just 10 minutes, unlike the ten hours for sterilisation which the manufacturers recommend for 2% activated glutaraldehyde.
- Additionally, PeraSafe incorporates a sophisticated corrosion inhibitionb systems making it non-damaging to instruments.